1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY.
2. The odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received and/or the number of contestants participating in the contest.
3. Participants and winners must be at least 18 years or older and have a valid ID and US social security number as of the date and time of entering any contest. Winners acknowledge that if they enter any WBZC contest under a fraudulent name and/or social security number, they will automatically be disqualified from the contest and any future contests on WBZC, www.Z889.org, or any other station or website affiliated with WBZC and/or Burlington County College.
4. Only one (1) entry per person per contest. Only one (1) entry per household per contest. Winners are not eligible to participate in any WBZC contests for a period of sixty (60) calendar days from the date of qualifying for or winning a contest conducted or sponsored by WBZC and/or Burlington County College.
5. Employees and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household, of Burlington County College, its affiliates, its representatives, its agencies or employees of any other broadcast company serving Southern New Jersey, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household, who have been employed by Burlington County College in the sixty (60) calendar day period immediately preceding the effective date of the contest are ineligible to enter or participate in any and all WBZC contests. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, partners, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws," or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
6. All prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed within seven (7) calendar days of notification of winning, unless otherwise specified at the time of winning or unless specified for a particular contest. If a winner fails to redeem a prize within 7 calendar days, the winner forfeits the prize and no other prize will be awarded in its place. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, WBZC and Burlington County College reserve the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner's prize, in its sole discretion. WBZC and Burlington County College retain the right to substitute a prize with another similar prize of equal or greater value in the event the original prize offered is not available due to circumstances beyond WBZC and Burlington County College's control.
7. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which is not expressly included in and as part of the prize. Any person winning over $500 in prizes will receive an IRS Form 1099 and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. Winners agree to accept the estimate of fair market value. If a prize includes travel, lodging, entertainment, or a special event, the winner is responsible for all taxes, expenses, and gratuities not expressly included in and as part of the prize. The winner agrees to accept all blackout dates, space availability requirements, etc. established by WBZC and Burlington County College's prize partner(s), such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, etc. A winner that accepts any trip as a prize from WBZC and Burlington County College does so entirely upon his or her own initiative, risk, and responsibility. If the trip requires traveling outside of the United States, winner, upon winning the prize, must have a valid US passport. If winner does not have a valid US passport upon winning the prize, the trip may be forfeited.
8. Winners must execute and return a W-9, a photocopy of a legal document showing the winner's social security number, and any additionally required forms within seven (7) calendar days of receiving such forms. WBZC requires proof of each winner's own social security number before a prize can be awarded to the winner. Receipt of a prize may be delayed until such proof is received by WBZC.
9. All winners, by acceptance of any prize, agree to release and hold forever harmless WBZC and Burlington County College, their affiliated companies, their agents, officers, employees, affiliates and assigns for any injuries, accidents, misfortunes, or causes of action arising from or in connection with participation in any contest, acceptance of any prize, use of any prize, or while traveling to or from any prize related activity.
10. Specific types of contests:
On-the-air contests: For on-air giveaway contests, the contest will begin as soon as the announcer announces on-air the number of the caller necessary to win the contest. For example, if the announcer states that the 10th caller will be the winner, the contest will begin as soon as this announcement is made.
When an announcer tells listeners to call in based on a song, the contest starts when the first note starts for the song and the designated caller will be picked from there.
Calls for participants are taken in the order that they are received. In the event that more than one voice is heard on the telephone line, the winner will be the first person to speak. If the judge(s) is not able to determine which caller was first, a random drawing will be held to determine the winner. All persons that call in for on-air giveaways must be available by telephone at the number left on the WBZC contest line. If a participant is selected by the announcer but does not answer the telephone, they will be disqualified and the next numerical participant will be designated the winner. If winners are announced on-air and are told to call back within a certain amount of time to claim a prize, they must call the announced WBZC contest line to claim the prize. If the time lapses, the winner will be disqualified and another participant will be selected to win the prize. WBZC and Burlington County College are not responsible for any telephone or cellular telephone malfunctions during the course of any contest. WBZC and Burlington County College does not assume any liability for faulty, mistranscribed, misdirected/misdialed telephone communications or technical difficulties experienced by callers throughout the call-in portion of any contest.
Mail/facsimile contests: Only one entry per person will be accepted unless otherwise specified on-the-air or in separate contest rules. Winning entry(s) will be drawn at random from all valid entries received. WBZC and Burlington County College are not responsible for late, misdirected, lost or mutilated mail, entry forms or faxes. No liability is assumed by the station for any malfunction of computer equipment, fax machine equipment or fax machine telephone lines. If entry is illegible or does not supply all information deemed necessary to declare a winner, the entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected.
Internet contests: To enter a contest on one of WBZC's websites, participants must complete all the information deemed necessary to declare a winner. . WBZC and Burlington County College do not assume any liability for any malfunction of the internet or individual computer systems. Only one entry per person for each contest. Winning entry(s) will be randomly selected from all valid entries received. If entry is illegible or does not supply all information deemed necessary to declare a winner, the entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected. When entering a contest via an advertiser's web banner or logo hyperlink, . WBZC and Burlington County College are not responsible for prize fulfillment or any aspect of the contest. WBZC is simply a "link" to that advertiser's site.
11. If a concert, other ticketed event, gift certificate or coupon has been awarded as a prize and the concert, event, place of business, or product is postponed, rained out, cancelled or for other reasons beyond our control does not occur/exist, WBZC and Burlington County College will not be responsible for replacing the prize.
12. To the extent that any prize consists of airline tickets and/or hotel reservations, WBZC and Burlington County College are not responsible for any cancellation, postponement, lost ticket or overbooking.
13. WBZC and Burlington County College have the sole discretion to terminate a contest at any given time or extend the dates of a contest. WBZC and Burlington County College retain the right to amend these rules at any time for any reason.
14. WBZC and Burlington County College. reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value upon notice or change to the contest rules. Any ties, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns regarding WBZC's contests and/or their associated prizes will be handled by the Program Director of WBZC, whose decisions are final and indisputable.
15. Ticketed items must be picked up at WBZC's studios Monday through Friday 9am to 4:30 PM, unless arrangements have been made through the promoter. WBZC reserves the right to decide what items will be mailed or picked up at WBZC's studios.