Steps in Applying for Admission to the Radiography Program, if you hold a high school diploma, a GED, college credits or a degree, and wish to be considered for the Radiography program you will need to:
- Apply to Burlington County College using the Online Application (no fee)
- Have official high school and college transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions
- Take The College Assessment. See the Test Center website http://staff.bcc.edu/testcenter/ Test Center Calendar for current testing options and locations
- Submit completed Radiography Program Application to Director of Radiographic Sciences
- Take the HESI entrance exam administered by the College Test Center and score a minimum of 75% in each of the six categories (reading comprehension, vocab & general knowledge, basic math skills, anatomy and physiology, personality profile, and learning styles). The test may only be taken twice so be sure to properly prepare for it.
To register go to: http://evolve.elsevier.com/cs/store?role=student click on HESI exams and follow the directions to register. When you have done that and paid the fee, go to the BCC Test Center website and scroll down the left menu to test center fee payments. Register and pay the fee. Then you will need to call the test center(609-894-9311 X1661) and make an appointment to take the test. (see Admission Criteria)
- Attend an information seminar offered every other month
- Check with the Office of Admissions at (609) 894-9311, ext. 1746, that all documentation has been received. This must be done prior to Step 8
- Meet with the Director of Radiologic Sciences for an advising session. Call (609) 894-9311, ext. 1407 for an appointment.
Acceptance into the program
Meeting all admission requirements does not guarantee admission into the program; applicants will be accepted on a first qualified - first accepted basis.
Accepted students will be notified by mail prior to the start of the program.
Accepted students must submit a non-refundable $100 deposit is required within 30 days of date of your acceptance into the program. This deposit will be applied toward the first tuition bill that includes a radiography course.
Accepted students will be notified by mail of the radiography orientation date.
Students who are not accepted or do not accept admission to a specific radiography class must submit written notification to be considered for a future class.
Accepted students must have a completed Criminal History Background Check(CHBC), Drug Screening, Physical Examination form, proof of medical insurance and current CPR cards completed by Orientation.