Because of the limited number of clinical positions, the program utilizes selective admissions. Therefore, admission to the college does not guarantee admission to the program. Applicants will be selected on a first qualified - first accepted basis. Applicants must be admitted to BCC as a degree seeking student and must also qualify for admission to the Radiography Program based on the following standards:
- a high school diploma or the equivalent is required
- submission of a completed Radiography Program Application to the Director of Radiologic Sciences
- successful completion of all required remedial courses as determined by the results of the college admission placement exam or transfer credits
- achievement of a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.5 or greater in all college level courses
- achievement of a minimum of 75% on each of the 6 part of the HESI exam in one sitting. Maximum of 2 attempts. Results will be good for 2 years. Those who have taken and passed the PSB will have their exams honored as long as the exam was taken after 1- 1-2012.
- completion of high school general biology or the equivalent and elementary algebra with a final grade of a "C" or higher (or demonstrate proficiency)
- applicants must attain a minimum age of 18 years within six months of the start of classes to comply with federal and state regulations
Meeting all admission standards does NOT guarantee admission into the program.