New Jersey Pine Barrens Quiz
1. The Pinelands National Reserve consists of 1.1 million acres in southern New Jersey and represents what percentage of the State's total land area?
2. The Kirkwood - Cohansey aquifer is an underground water source for more than 500,000 people in NJ. How much water does it contain?
4. The cultivated blueberry was first developed at Whitesbog Village by whom?
5. The Pinelands has been shaped by what naturally occurring destruction of the forest?
6. What kind of habitat is the home for many of the region's rare plants like swamp pink?
7. True or False. The Pine Barrens tree frog is on the threatened and endangered species list in New Jersey.
8. Many people come to the Pinelands for recreation. What are some of the recreational activities that one might enjoy?
10. What is responsible for the dark tea color of Pinelands streams?
11. Which characteristic of the Pine Barrens ecosystem makes it a unique natural area?
12. Wetlands make up what percentage of the Pine Barrens landscape?
13. True or False. The Pitcher plant is a carnivorous or insect eating plant.
14. True or False. Batsto Village used iron ore to produce cannon balls and shot.
15. In cranberry and blueberry production, New Jersey ranks_________.
16. Whitesbog Village is a historic company town known for what industry?
© copyright <%=year(now)%>. Burlington County College.
601 Pemberton Browns Mills Road. Pemberton, NJ 08068. (609) 894-9311