Welcome to Health Information Technology
New CEU Seminars
Continuing Education Seminars for
Coming Fall 2014
Coming Fall 2015
HIT Department Director, Susan P. Scully, and Adjunct Faculty, Carolyn Magnotta, have been elected to the New Jersey Health Information Technology Association's Board of Directors for the 2013-2014 year!
Susan Scully is the new Director/Delegate and Carolyn Magnotta is the President Elect!
Congratulations ladies for representing BCC and our state association!
Health information management is the study of the principles and practices of acquiring, analyzing, and protecting digital and traditional medical information vital to providing quality patient care.
A career in Health Information Management or Information Technology is right for you if you:
- See yourself in a career that offers diverse opportunities
- Would like to work in health care, but not directly with patients
- Have an aptitude for science, but also like management, law, and computers
- Enjoy working with professionals: physicians, nurses, lawyers, administrators and executives
- Want a career where you can choose to work on your own, with others, or some of both
The Health Information Management (HIM) and Health Information Technology (HIT) programs incorporate the disciplines of medicine, management, finance, information technology, and law into one curriculum. Because of this unique mixture, HIM graduates can choose from a variety of work settings across an array of healthcare environments.
Burlington County College offers three choices:
Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Health Information Technology
Coding Certificate Program
Electronic Health Record Certificate
For more information on the Associate in Applied Science- HIT degree, the Coding Certificate program, or the Electronic Health Record Certificate Program, please attend one of our FREE information sessions scheduled below at 4:00 PM:
- January 7, 2014, Pemberton Campus, Parker Center Room 313
- March 11, 2014, Pemberton Campus, Parker Center Room 313
- May 13, 2014, Pemberton Campus, Parker Center Room 313
- August 12, 2014, Pemberton Campus, Parker Center Room 313
- November 11, 2014, Pemberton Campus, Parker Center Room 313
For directions to our BCC Campuses and Centers, Click Here.
For more information on the programs we offer contact.
The Associate Degree Program at Burlington County College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).