Scholarships for Students
The application for BCC Foundation Scholarships for the spring 2014 semester is now CLOSED.
Applications will be reviewed in the coming weeks, and all selected recipients will be
email in late
November or early December. If you have any questions of concerns, please
our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 856-222-9311 ext. 2540.
Best of luck during the remainder of your semester!
The Burlington County College (BCC) Foundation oversees a comprehensive scholarship program for Burlington County College (BCC) students. The Foundation Scholarships are funded by generous contributions from area corporations, organizations, and individuals.
There are selection criteria established through Foundation policies that are common to all scholarship categories, as well as criteria that are specific to individual scholarships. Dollar amounts awarded are contingent on full-time enrollment and are determined based on an established policy following a bell-curve model pertaining to EFC (Estimated Family Contribution). If you would like detailed information on this policy, please contact the Foundation Office at (856) 222-9311, ext. 2540.
Policies Beginning Fall 2012
Please note that the following policies will be put in place beginning fall 2012:
- Scholarship recipients will be held to the same expectations and level of accountability as any other student. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements and appeals
- Drop/add deadlines
- Drop/add charges
- Scholarships awarded will be contingent on full-time enrollment (a minimum of 12 credits). If a student drops a course, the scholarship amount will be prorated accordingly.
- Upon final review of scholarship recipient schedules, the BCC Foundation reserves the right to deny future funding if a student has dropped courses which they were unable to be held accountable for.
- The BCC Foundation reserves the right to deny all future funding to any student choosing to stop attending classes without dropping.
- If a student has a valid reason at any time to drop a course, they are welcome to file an appeal. If the appeal is approved, appropriate documentation must be shown for the student’s scholarship application to be reconsidered.
- Students on default status from previous student loans will not be eligible to receive a BCC Foundation Scholarship.
- Students will be able to receive BCC Foundation scholarship dollars for up to five full-time semesters, or its equivalent.
- Students will be required to sign and submit documentation confirming an understanding of these policies. Scholarship dollars will be removed from any student’s account who does not return said document.
Common Scholarship Criteria:
- Apply for Financial Aid by completing a FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov by the deadline required by BCC. International Students are not eligible for financial aid and must be verified by the Financial Aid Office as to this status.
- Review the list of available Foundation Scholarships, including specific requirements for each. To go to the Scholarships please click here.
- Obtain two positive letters of recommendation.
- Please visit our scholarship orientation for additional details on recommendation letters.
- These should be in an electronic file format, as they are attached directly to the online application.
- Write a personal essay (400-500 words) describing your academic goals at BCC and your career aspirations.
- Complete the Foundation Scholarship Application and submit with required documentation (the two letters of recommendation and the essay).
- Once the application is completed, you will come to a screen that allows you to print your application for your records. If you do not come to this screen, your application did NOT go through properly, and you will need to submit again.
NOTE: Check the scholarship description for each scholarship for which you are applying to determine any additional required documents.
Recipients of Burlington County College Foundation Scholarships are selected without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, age, or disability unless otherwise stipulated by the donor. The amount of awards is subject to availability of funds and contingent on full-time enrollment. There is no guarantee of award of any scholarship in a given semester. Scholarship donors and the Burlington County College Foundation reserve the right to modify scholarship criteria and dollar amounts at any time. BCC Foundation Scholarships are awarded for fall and spring semesters only and will not be awarded for summer sessions. Scholarships are only available for the semester they are awarded unless otherwise indicated. Any unused funding will not be available for use in any following semesters.
Unless otherwise noted, scholarships will be awarded in the form of a tuition/fees/book waiver. No cash award will be made directly to the recipient(s).
For additional information about BCC Foundation Scholarships, contact the BCC Financial Aid Office, ext. 1575 at (609) 894-9311 or (856) 222-9311, or call the BCC Foundation Office, ext. 2540 at (609) 894-9311 or (856) 222-9311.