Service-learning is a method of teaching and learning that combines community service with course material.
Why experience service-learning?
While there are numerous reasons to participate in service-learning, here are a few of the things service-learning can do for you:
- Enrich your academic experience at BCC by connecting classroom theory with real-world application
- Deepen your understanding of local community issues through first-hand experience
- Sharpen your resume by gaining professional, "on-the-job" skills
- Strengthen your connection to a diverse group of people, including professors, community leaders, community members and peers
- Transform you with the knowledge, experience and network to make a positive impact on the world around you
For more information about course based service-learning, visit: Service-Learning